Sunday, December 11, 2011

20 Questions

I stole these questions from Chronicler over at 'Annals of a Christian Single'. It seemed like a nice, easy blog post for a lazy Sunday afternoon, when I really should be having a busy Sunday afternoon doing the things that didn't happen on Saturday. Never mind.
 
1.  What's the nerdiest and/or weirdest thing about you? 
I have a strange ability to have detailed and in-depth conversations with myself. This seems to occur just about every time I'm alone.  

2. If you could live in a fictional universe from any book, movie,  or television show, what would it be?
I always liked the idea of the Oxford that Lyra lives in, from the series 'His Dark Materials'. Having your soul living outside your body as a shape-shifting animal that can talk to you would be pretty awesome. (See question one for more about conversations with myself.)

3. Little or big, practical or frivolous, what are a few of your favorite items in your house?
Since I don't really have the lifestyle stability to own a real piano (I don't know where I'll be living in a month, let alone a year or five),  I love my full length, weighted and touch sensitive keyboard that fits in my tiny little car, and is light enough for me to carry all by myself. My bed is also pretty cool. It has a comfy mattress and snuggly blankies. I also love my black leather and suede shoes that are cute enough to get compliments every time I wear them, and comfy enough to wear all the time.

4. Do you like animated movies? If so, what is your favorite?   
I suppose it depends on the movie - there is too much variety within animations to group them all together. My favourite movie of all time is an animated movie - Beauty and the Beast. The animation is spectacularly beautiful, and the songs are closer to perfect than anything else I've come across. 

5. What is your least favorite household chore?
Vacuuming. I hate the noise that a vacuum cleaner makes.  

6. What's your favorite thing to get at Starbucks (or favorite coffee shop)? 
Truth be told, I've never bought anything from starbucks. I'd rather support a local, independent cafe than a multinational chain. Plus, the closest starbucks is about 3000 km away. When I order coffee, my standard order is a cappucino.

7. What is your favorite pizza topping?
Supreme or vegetarian. Something with lots of delicious flavours.

8. Waffles or pancakes?
Probably waffles, because I don't own a waffle iron, so they're something special. I can make pancakes any time I want. 

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
It changed by the day. Lawyer, flight attendant, undercover cop, actor, speech pathologist, dentist, artist, concert pianist, aeroplane (when I was very, very little).

10. Do you prefer cooking or baking?
What's the difference? If I assume that cooking means meals and baking means cakes and biscuits, I actually don't mind. I have a bit of a sweet tooth, so baking's good. I also enjoy playing "What can I make with the contents of my fridge?" at dinner time. 

11. What would be your dream job?
Something that involves working with children and making music....wait....

12. Do you make your bed every morning?
Much to my mother's consternation, almost never.

13. Picasso or Norman Rockwell?
Is it really bad that I just looked up Norman Rockwell? Picasso.

14. Do you like carpet, tile, or hardwood floors? 
Hardwood floors for sure. You don't have to vacuum (see question five) and they have a warmer, friendlier feel than tiles. 

15. What is your least favorite thing about yourself??
Physically - I have mild poland syndrome. Personality/habits - my messiness/disorganisation

16. Last movie you watched??
I actually can't remember. It might have been 'Water for Elephants'.

17. Computer or Television??
I use my computer as a TV, so computer. 

18. Favorite Sound?
I love the timbre of the marimba.

19. If you could have a $5000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?  
Practically speaking, I'd probably put the money toward a house deposit. But hypothetically,
I'd buy a marimba. That would probably take the entire $5000. Otherwise, I'm going through a bit of a vintage clothing kick at the moment, so maybe a website like modcloth.com.

20. If you could be any Jane Austen fictional character who would you choose (or if you would prefer any fictional character)?  
I'm ashamed to say this out loud, but I really strongly connected with the Mary portrayed in the movie of Pride and Prejudice starring Keira Knightley. (I know, I know, I should be talking about the original novels, or at least the BBC adaptation (which I prefer in almost every way)).


There we go. A little bit more about 'the real me'. Not bad for an anonymous blog. You're welcome.

1 comment:

  1. I am so relieved to know that I am not the only person who hates vacuuming!!!!

    Also, the number of times I quote Mary are way too many to count, so I can understand identifying with her (plus I think if I were to sing while playing piano I would also embarass everyone around me!)

    ReplyDelete