Saturday, August 20, 2011

It's been a while.

Dear one or two people that may possibly have read a post on this blog ever,

Sorry it's been a while since I posted. The reason I started in the first place was a procrastination technique. Then I guess I got too involved and needed to procrastinate from this as well. Anyway, I've since finished the project (HOORAY!), got a job teaching in my hometown, so I've moved back in with my parents, at least for the time being. Speaking of parents, they've gone and deserted me for a week, so I have the house to myself. Mother was quite worried that she hadn't left enough frozen meals for one in the freezer, so I'm keeping a photo journal (again) to prove to all and sundry that I actually can look after myself. Here, for what its worth, is today's effort:
It's zucchini spaghetti. (Sorry that I'm too technologically incompetent to rotate photos. I think you might have to do it before you upload them, but I'm too lazy to go through that whole rigarmarole)

This delicious and very easy recipe basically involved cooking spaghetti, grating a whole zucchini, frying it with onion, garlic, a bit of ginger, paprika, pepper and oregano until the zucchini water boils away, and serving the zucchini with hot pasta, avocado oil and parmesan cheese. It's a dish with robust, peasant-y flavours that isn't afraid to be itself. A bit more colour contrast would have been good on the presentation side - food shouldn't be monochrome. There were also a few too many dishes, considering I was cooking for one:
I mean, what's with that? The good news is, I made enough for lunch tomorrow, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment