Monday, November 10, 2014

My collection of awesome

Inspired by a number of friends who have been blogging more regularly over the immediate past days and weeks (including one who posts a picture of almost every cup of tea he drinks), I have resolved to post more often. Today's post, creatively entitled "My Collection of Awesome", is just that: A list of things that happened today that received the ranking 'Awesome'.

1) A good drive - Last night I visited a good friend in Northam. Today I had the long drive home. Most long drives I do are along the same stretch of highway. This time, I took a different route home, through the back blocks of the Central Wheatbelt. The wheat was ripe on both sides of the road, the scenery was quite different from that I was used to, I visited quite a few tiny little out of the way towns, including the town where my parents met. I spent the drive time in prayer (it was so nice to have the uninterrupted time!) and singing along to Tori Amos albums and the Wicked soundtrack (Original cast recording, of course). Overall opinion - Awesome!

2) A Physio Appointment - I have been very slowly working my way through the Couch to 5K running programme, in order to punch my family history of heart disease in the face! A couple of weeks ago, I was on one of my tri-weekly runs and noticed a niggle in my right knee. Since it hadn't fixed itself after a couple of rest weeks, I booked an appointment with the physio (who happened to be my housemate's sister). After acupuncture and crazy strong massages in muscles that I didn't even realise were tense, the knee-niggle is all gone! And now I have some exercises to do to stop it coming back. On a scale of one to ten, I rate the physio appointment as: Awesome!

I do realise that the blog of awesome is already a thing, so maybe I should come up with a new word for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment