Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Late post already

So much for this being a daily entry. By day three you can already see my lack of ability to concentrate. If anybody sees any spare concentration lying around and is able to send it my way, that would be much appreciated. I don't need much, just enough to stay at the computer and write, or cook dinner, or do grocery shopping, or clean the house, or write job applications. You know, the normal things that most people seem to take for granted.

A few days ago, I decided that in order to get my project written, I needed to write a minimum of 750 words a day between now and Christmas. I haven't even managed that. I'm just suffering from a severe lack of achievement. When I look back over 2010, all I can see is a badly designed project, and the fact that I've gone from being a student to being unemployed. Anyway, here goes another description of my day - from yesterday. I wonder if I'll make it to a second post tonight.

Song of the day: "One Hell of a Place", from the musical "The Devil Downtown". A student production performed at uni earlier this year. I'm not sure why.

Outing of the day: Sitting at home was starting to drive me crazy, so I decided to go and work at the library. It sort-of worked, in that I was more productive than I would have been at home. I hadn't realised that there was a summer school for high school students there that week, so the place wasn't quite as quiet as I expected, but I ran into a few friends, so that was okay. One friend showed me a present she'd bought for her step-mum: a pair of wooden spoons that doubled as drumsticks. They were awesome! After that I went to jam on the organ with a friend, which was kind of fun.

Activities of the day: Other than those described above - more plants and zombies, more Arthur, another day of forgetting to eat lunch, and a couple of job applications

Photo of the day: The organ at one of the university colleges. It's a pretty shiny instrument, but the pedals confuse me.

Quote of the day: 'The zombies ate your brains' - said every time you lose a level on 'Plants vs Zombies'.

No comments:

Post a Comment