Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Let's start at the very beginning...

...Which, according to Maria von Trapp, is a very good place to start.

Okay, so why, in an internet-world full of people trying to share their messages, throughts, feelings and dreams am I trying to start a new blog, with my own messages, throughts, feelings and dreams? I suppose this is a kind of self-prescribed therapy. Next question - why do I need therapy? And if I need it, why don't I get it professionally prescribed?

I'm currently a sort-of university student. Sort of, because the semester has technically finished, but I still need to finish my final year project. I'm struggling with the project a lot, mainly the actual writing. I figured that writing something else, something useless, something cathartic, would free up my writing for the actual project. So that's the reason this blog exists. I'm not actually going to tell any of my friends about the blog, so if you're reading this, you've stubled across it by accident. You probably spend too much time online.

I've called it "Catch of the Day", because the original idea was to do this like a daily journal, with a few different categories - song of the day, photo of the day, quote of the day, activity of the day etc. Yep, it's all about me. Yet another self-absorbed whiner. All I can say is - you don't like, you don't read. Simple.

Song of the Day: Seargent Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, by The Beatles, from the album of the same name. I don't know why, it's just stuck in my head for some reason. The song reminds me of my faculty parade float from this year. Even though I wasn't in the parade.

Outing of the day: My housemate and I are getting kicked out of our house in about a month's time, so today we looked at a new flat that's available to rent nearby. We decided that it wasn't a very friendly house, so we won't go into it any further. After looking at the flat, we went grocery shopping together, followed by a coffee at the cute little deli.

Activities of the day: Watching 'Arthur;, a show I enjoyed as a kid, purely for the sake of reliving my childhood; applying for lots of jobs, playing 'Plants vs Zombies', cooking beef stroganoff, and very little final project writing. Photo of the day: Taken while cooking dinner. Prime example of how not to steam green beans. (Nice bit of assonance there.)  
 
Quote of the day:  "I was trying to make you feel upset, but I made you feel better. I'm a failure as a little sister"
 - D.W. Reid, Arthur's Sister, From 'Arthur'

No comments:

Post a Comment